Software Engineer - Devops
Deep Learning is driving the current AI boom, from machine vision to playing computer games, outperforming the best humans. AI will change the world as we know it the coming decades. Contrary to what's sometimes depicted in media, there are still many grand challenges in the field waiting for a solution. One of these challenges, and the mission of Embedl, is to make Deep Learning more efficient so that it can be deployed everywhere with low cost and low energy consumption. We want to enable the next wave of advanced AI powered applications and we want You to join us in this mission!
You will be working across the entire spectrum from IT infrastructure, cloud infrastructure, continuous integration, release process and automation, and also work with Embedl's core technology, for example integrating support for new hardware environments and deep learning frameworks together with the team. Our main programming language is Python. You will also be working with some of these technologies:
- Gerrit Code Review with Zuul CI,
- Building and testing with Bazel, including remote caching and (potentially) remote execution facilities,
- Cloud computing with AWS,
- System administration with Ansible and Docker,
- Linux, primarily Ubuntu, but potentially also embedded Linux with Yocto, or other POSIX systems such as QNX,
- IT infrastructure, firewall management, IPv6, Radius, 802.1x, Wifi, VPN, etc,
- SQL both on the server side (primarily Postgresql) and on the client side (Sqlalchemy),
- Monitoring and visualization, both of the infrastructure and of e.g. deep learning networks in user-facing applications,
- Security including GPG, Yubikeys, SAML, ISO/IEC 27001.
Who are you?
We are looking for an outstanding software developer with excellent problem solving skills that can help us maintain a state-of-the-art infrastructure and deliver a modern and high quality software product. You are ambitious, self-driven and thrive when given high-level responsibilities and problems to solve. You should be a team player, willing to both learn from others and teach others, and generally contribute to a positive working environment. It is a plus if you have hands-on experience with Deep Learning tools or embedded devices, but it is not mandatory nor the focus of this position. This position is a software developer role, where you will be exposed to the latest within AI, but the role is to develop the software packaging and delivering infrastructure for the product. If you want to do R&D in Deep Learning we have other open positions focused on just that.
You must have
- M.Sc. or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or make a great case for your equivalent skills achieved via experience (good grades required),
- Excellent coding skills in Python,
- Industry experience developing software, preferably in the automotive, telecom or other sector where code quality is of great importance,
- Passion about agile development, release management, continuous integration, testing, git, docker and writing testable and maintainable code,
- Proficiency in most of the technologies mentioned above.
Who are we?
EMBEDL AB (Embedl) is a spin-out from the European Commission Horizon 2020 funded research project LEGaTO. The mission of Embedl is to develop and commercialize its Deep Learning optimization engine into a highly scalable platform that makes DL-based AI affordable and energy efficient in embedded systems. The DL optimization engine bridges the gap between data scientist (experts in AI algorithms) and computer engineers (experts in hardware).
Embedl has close connections to academic research, Swedish industry and innovation ecosystem as well as well-established connections to venture capital.
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, please send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications connect or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are welcome at Embedl for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s your favourite IDE.
Workplace & Culture
We have a very flat organization where every colleague bring their specific expertise and experience in the decision making. A lot of what we do is bleeding edge research, so there is no failures, only new findings to learn and grow from.
EmbeDL is a research spin-out dedicated to make Deep Learning based AI extremely efficient in embedded systems. Efficient from a cost-, time- and energy perspective.
Software Engineer - Devops
Loading application form
Already working at Embedl?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.