Are you a Python programmer interested in developing software products optimising deep learning for embedded systems inference?
Python Software engineer
AI is changing the world as we know it. Despite all advancements in the field, there are still many grand challenges waiting for a solution. One of these challenges, and the mission of Embedl, is to make Deep Learning more efficient so that it can be deployed everywhere with low cost and low energy consumption. We want to enable the next wave of advanced AI powered applications and we want you to join us in this mission!
You will be a member of the team developing the software product integrating the user, our deep learning research and the target device. You will work closely with the research team to make sure that our state-of-the-art algorithms are packaged as a professional software product. More specifically, some of your challenges will be:
- End-to-end responsibility: software design, development, deployment and customer integration
- Implement features and functions in Embedl’s software products.
- Improve hardware support, i.e., integrating AI tools from Nvidia, Intel, Xilinx, ARM, Qualcomm, STMicro, NXP, etc.
Who are you?
We are looking for a curious and hands-on software developer with excellent problem-solving skills that can help us to deliver a modern and high-quality software product. You are self-driven, good at communicating and thrive when given high-level responsibilities and problems to solve. You should be a team player, willing to learn from others and generally contribute to a positive working environment. Python is our main language, but it is a plus if you have hands-on experience with C, C++ and embedded software. This position is a software developer role, where you will be exposed to the latest within Deep Learning, but the role is to design and develop the software product. If you want to do research in Deep Learning algorithms, we have other open positions focused on just that.
You must have
- Academic exam in Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or make a great case for your equivalent skills achieved via experience
- Excellent coding skills in Python
- 2-5 years of industry experience developing software, preferably in the automotive, telecom or other sector where code quality is of great importance
- Experience working with SQL and relational databases (we use postgres)
- Proficient in a Linux environment.
We would be super-happy if you also have
- Excellent coding skills in C/C++
- Experience with Yocto and cloud computing.
- FPGA or embedded programming
- Hands-on experience with Deep Learning in industry, university or a hobby-project
- You thrive working in a dynamic startup environment where everyone's contribution counts
Who are we?
Embedl is a spin-out from Chalmers. The mission of Embedl is to develop the best Deep Learning optimization engine in the world. Embedl makes DL-based AI affordable and energy efficient in embedded systems. We bridge the gap between data scientists (experts in AI algorithms) and computer engineers (experts in hardware).
Embedl has close connections to academic research, industry and innovation ecosystem as well as well-established connections to venture capital.
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, please send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications connect or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are welcome at Embedl for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what your favorite IDE is.